THIS BLOG WILL CLEARLY EXPLAINS, HOW TO CONTRIBUTE IN MDN (MOZILLA DEVELOPER NETWORK)
1) Search Mozilla Developer Network in Your SearchEngine like this,
2) Click this link Mozilla Developer Network, it will takes to the MDN Page.
3) First of all Know About MDN, & What is MDN & What does it Contain?
About MDN (Shared knowledge for the Open Web)
The Mozilla Developer Network (MDN) is an evolving learning platform for Web technologies and the software that powers the Web, including:
- Open Web app development
- Firefox add-on development
- Firefox OS development
4) Okay, MDN is Useful for all Web-Development and also for other purposes too, So Im interested to Contribute in MDN, what to do?? Scroll Down the SamePage
5) In that Click “Getting Started” Tab, It Will Takes to Getting Started Page And Login with Persona or GitHub Account, So Only You can Contribute in MDN (: Im Using My GitHub Account to Login)
6)Pick a task to complete
These are the Possible Task to Do in MDN
7) Option 2
8) Option 3
9) Option 4
10) Option 5
11) Im Choosing the task or Option to Creating a New Article About Firefox OS Devices. So I want to Go to Firefox OS Phone Guide
13) The New Sub-page will Display Like this, I Adding the New Document or New Article Title like this “Alcatel one Touch pixi 3(3.5)”
14) In that You can See the Text-editor View like this , Start Writing your Article , But Wait Wait !!! You can Add images of FirefoxOsphones or text or Anything in that. But alignment of the Contents changes when preview or on publishing. SO I ganna Choosing Source Tab.
15) In that Source, You can Add HTML tags to fix the Images or Text in a Fixed Position, So I Completed my Article.
16) So I want to Add the Tags to this Article, Categorize the article. It will make the article findable under the right filters in the search engine. Read the Tagging Guide.
17) I want to Give Some Review Comments to this Article Like this
18) Tick the Review Needed, For Both Technical and Editorial part.
19) Attach Something with this article like Images etc.
20) When all writing Work finished Click SaveChanges to Publish the Article or PreviewChanges to view the Article without Changes or Discarding to Cancel the Article. (: Im Giving Save Changes to publish the Article)
21) The Article is Published in MDN, But It Needs the Technical Review and Editorial Review, What to do ??? Dont Panic, Technical Writer or Reviewer Can Complete this Task &Fix the error or Bugs in this page
22) When all the Technical and Editorial Reviews are Over, the Article is officially Added or Published in MDN of FirefoxOs Phoneguides page like this,
This is the Link to My Article, Check Out Alcatel OneTouch Pixi3(3.5)
23) Do the task
Once you’ve decided what kind of task you want to do, find a specific page, code example, etc. to work on, and just do it!
Don’t worry about doing it perfectly; other MDN contributors are here to help fix errors that slip through. If you have questions as you go, see the Community page for info on mailing lists and chat channels where you can get answers.
24) Join the MDN community, to join, to discuss, to chat with MDN Developers in IRC